Opticca Consulting delivers revolutionary platforms that enable our clients to outperform their competition. We help our clients speed up application development and deliver value faster than ever before by adopting architectures using DevOps, Containers and Microservices, as well as supporting Automation and CI/CD pipelines. Our extensive partner network helps us drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. We’ve built a team of passionate technologists who truly care about achieving quality outcomes, building lasting relationships, and delivering on what we promise – every client is a reference.
For more information, visit: www.opticca.com
Position: Container and Orchestration Architect
Opticca is looking for Container and Orchestration Architects who will work with our Services teams to design, develop and deploy containerized solutions to cloud and hybrid-cloud environments. You'll work to gain an understanding of our customers’ infrastructure and business needs, make recommendations that resolve their issues, and help them make strategic decisions. You'll build enterprise applications and capabilities around cloud technologies to streamline development and allow for continuous feature release of applications.
- Work directly with global brands in the design, development and implementation of container-based solutions on a variety of platforms like AWS, Azure, VMware, OpenStack etc.
- Assist customers in their journey to container architectures and continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) methodologies and practices
- Assist other Opticca application and DevOps architects to design and deploy scalable, distributed application architectures and migrate workloads to containers
- Responsible for defining container strategy, evaluating options for container orchestration platforms including RedHat OpenShift, Pivotal Container Service, AWS and Azure Container Services
- Lead assessments and migrations of applications of platforms written in different languages (Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, etc.) and technologies (WAS, WebLogic, etc.) to Open Source solutions involving Docker or Kubernetes frameworks
- Work directly with the customer to establish and maintain client relationships and engage in technical strategy discussions
- Document best practices, guides, systems design, reference architectures and implementations
- Demonstrate technical leadership in pre-sales activities
- Represent and facilitate container platform solution architectures in discovery discussions with prospective clients, assess architecture needs for projects, work with Development leads and Designers to scope and craft proposals
- Manage problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and design, implementation, testing, customer training, and deployment of open source solutions
- Selection of monitoring, security and other tools to be used with selected Container platform
- Implement CI/CD pipelines using selected container orchestration and Management Platform
- Lead client-facing technical activities to ensure required business value is delivered
- Strong hands-on experience in one or more of Containers and Container Orchestration frameworks: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
- Knowledge of application architecture (application servers, integration patterns, Microservices, JEE, CI/CD, build management etc.).
- Must have strong experience in OCP (OpenShift), Red Hat, Virtualization, VMware, etc.
- Good exposure to DevOps principles, CI/CD, Continuous Deployment Pipelines using Jenkins.
- Experience with Openstack and public cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Technical experience in Java, and design and development knowledge of Microservices using any framework like Spring Boot, etc.
- Experience with Service Mesh, Service Discovery, Routing tools and technologies
- Networking, storage and stateful application experience
- Extensive experience in customer-facing positions as a technology Consultant/Architect.
- Understanding of agile and other development processes and methodologies
- Application security
- Solid project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Certifications (preferred): Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA), Docker Certified Associate