Opticca Consulting delivers revolutionary platforms that enable our clients to outperform their competition. We help our clients speed up application development and deliver value faster than ever before by adopting architectures using DevOps, Containers and Microservices, as well as supporting Automation and CI/CD pipelines. Our extensive partner network helps us drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. We’ve built a team of passionate technologists who truly care about achieving quality outcomes, building lasting relationships, and delivering on what we promise – every client is a reference.
For more information, visit: www.opticca.com
Position: Senior Container (PaaS) Architect
The Senior PaaS Architect is a great fit for an organized, analytical, problem solver who designs, develops, and maintains software and tools to support building, deploying, and monitoring applications. We are looking for people whom are comfortable in front of customers, with experience in PaaS and DevOps. You are responsible for continually advancing the technology in a collaborative and creative agile environment using many of the latest technologies and industry best practices and finding better and more efficient ways of delivering solutions that meet business objectives.
A Day in the Life as a Senior PaaS Architect
Opticca is looking for a Sr PaaS Architect to join our Enterprise consulting team. We are looking for candidates with a strong vision for embracing disrupting technologies specifically in the PaaS domains. Candidates should also have the application down approach to come up with strong solutions for customers with different needs.
Being a Sr PaaS Architect (Openshift) at Opticca, skills you need to have include
- Architecting, Designing and implementing enterprise PaaS solutions based on RedHat OpenShift on variety of IaaS platforms
- Ability to design Highly available, multi cloud and split cluster based OpenShift environment
- Strong experience in OCP (OpenShift), Redhat, Virtualization, VMware, etc.
- Technical experience in Java, and design and development knowledge of Micro services using any framework like Spring Boot, Nodes, etc.
- Establishing client requirements, designing a Roadmap for various open source application platforms after thorough assessments on trending technologies and cost effective methodologies
- Building relationships with customers and vendors with strategic partnerships to lead the solutions
- Leading the OpenShift PaaS implementation as a product and take ownership of the transitions and transformations under this domain
- Liaison with cross-functional delivery team to develop strategies for influencing adoption of various open source platforms
- Leading migrations and assessment of applications of platforms written in different languages/technologies (Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, etc.)/WAS, WebLogic to Open source solution involving Docker or Kubernetes Frameworks
- Acting as a liaison for open platform team with both infrastructure teams and application team for defining solutions for Transition and Transformation programs
- Acting as a SME primarily for OpenShift PaaS to propose and validate the solutions for customers
- Conducting/driving PoCs/Pilots based on various customer requirements focusing OpenShift and other Enterprise PaaS platforms
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant streams
- Certifications in OpenShift (Preferred)
- At least one cloud computing related certification
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing positions as a technology Consultant/Architect
- 5+ years of experience architecting enterprise solutions
- Excellent hands on experience on Docker in setting up and managing private Docker Trusted Registry (DTR) and of developing as well as maintaining Docker images/containers for different technology stack
- Creating modern application platform automation solutions based around containers and container orchestration, using technologies like Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Hands on experience with OpenShift manual/automated deployment and managing multiple environments
- Knowledge/experience in Containers (Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge/experience of microservices deployments and auto scaling
- Excellent knowledge of application development tools and software life cycle processes
- Hands on experience with OpenShift or Kubernetes set up installation & administration
- Well versed in basic networking fundamentals, Cluster & Resource management and Cloud deployment (AWS/Azure/GCP), including monitoring systems, logging and security implementation
- Good exposure to DevOps principles, CI/CD, Continuous Deployment Pipelines using Jenkins
- Familiarity with industry leading orchestration tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or similar products
- Software development in an agile environment with a focus on Devops with CI/CD
- Quick learner and ability to present solutions and complex technical aspects to different levels of audiences
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate at different management levels