Opticca Consulting delivers revolutionary platforms that enable our clients to outperform their competition. We help our clients speed up application development and deliver value faster than ever before by adopting architectures using DevOps, Containers and Microservices, as well as supporting Automation and CI/CD pipelines. Our extensive partner network helps us drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. We’ve built a team of passionate technologists who truly care about achieving quality outcomes, building lasting relationships, and delivering on what we promise – every client is a reference.
For more information, visit: www.opticca.com
Position: Senior DevOps Engineer
The Senior DevOps Engineer is a great fit for an organized, analytical, problem solver who designs, develops, and maintains software and tools to support building, deploying, and monitoring applications. Opticca is looking for people who are comfortable in front of customers, with experience in microservices or containers or automation. You'd be responsible for continually advancing the technology in a collaborative and creative agile environment using many of the latest technologies and industry best practices and finding better and more efficient ways of delivering solutions that meet business objectives.
A Day in the Life as a Senior DevOps Engineer
As a Sr DevOps Engineer, you’ll help build the future in our customers agile development, pre-prod, and production environments, as we move our cloud provisioning and migration efforts into GCP, AWS, or Azure, and set standards for migration and creation of patterns, which will inform and drive the associated strategic cloud transformation. You’ll perform and automate Windows, Linux, and Database administration activities, and lead and collaborate with the customers on continually improving their processes, through investigation, analysis, and recommendations regarding technology improvements, development of best practices, standardization, scaling, upgrades, and modifications to products and the services utilized to deploy those products.
Being a Sr DevOps Engineer at Opticca, skills you need to have include
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as Java, Python
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Experience with container and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, or other similar solutions (both enterprise or open source)
- Experience with configuration management automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with infrastructure in a cloud environment (Google, AWS, Azure)
- SQL Server database administration (including SSRS and SSAS) experience preferred
- Mongo DB administration and Network administration experience preferred
- Experience with source code control systems, branching and merging, automated unit testing frameworks, automated build tools, and automated deploy frameworks
- Experience deploying enterprise systems
- Experience with modern open source technologies, to help source control, packaging, deploying, automation, CD/CI, etc.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience as a DevOps Engineer and/or other similar relevant experience
- At least one cloud computing related certification
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing positions as a technology Consultant/Architect
- 5+ years of experience architecting enterprise solutions
- Excellent hands-on experience Networking, Storage, and Security
- Creating modern infrastructure automation solutions
- Hands-on experience with Cloud manual/ automated deployment and managing multiple environments
- Knowledge/ experience in Virtualized Environments
- Hands-on experience with VMWare set up installation and administration
- Well versed with basic networking fundamentals, Cluster & Resource management and Cloud deployment (AWS/Azure/GCP), including monitoring systems, logging and security implementation
- Good exposure to DevOps principles, CI/CD, Continuous Deployment Pipelines
- Familiarity with industry leading orchestration tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or similar products
- Quick learner and ability to present solutions and complex technical aspects to different levels of audiences
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate at different management levels