Opticca Consulting delivers revolutionary platforms that enable our clients to outperform their competition. We help our clients speed up application development and deliver value faster than ever before by adopting architectures using DevOps, Containers and Microservices, as well as supporting Automation and CI/CD pipelines. Our extensive partner network helps us drive collaboration and leverage technology independence. We’ve built a team of passionate technologists who truly care about achieving quality outcomes, building lasting relationships, and delivering on what we promise – every client is a reference.
For more information, visit: www.opticca.com
Position: Senior DevOps Kubernetes Architect
Looking for a candidate with Architect level experience in DevSecOps with an emphasis in Container orchestration to join our Enterprise consulting team. We are looking for candidates with a strong vision for embracing disrupting technologies specifically in the PaaS domains. Candidates should also have the application down approach to come up with strong solutions for customers with different needs.
The Senior DevOps Kubernetes Architect role is a great fit for an organized, analytical, problem solver who designs, develops, and maintains software and tools to support building, deploying, and monitoring applications. We are looking for people who are comfortable in front of customers, with experience in PaaS, Container Orchestration, and DevSecOps. You are responsible for continually advancing the technology in a collaborative and creative agile environment using many of the latest technologies and industry best practices and finding better and more efficient ways of delivering solutions that meet business objectives.
Being a Sr. DevOps Kubernetes Architect at Opticca, your responsibilities include
- Architect, Design and implement enterprise container and orchestration solutions based on Kubernetes technology on a variety of platforms
- Ability to design Highly available, multi cloud and split cluster based containerized environments
- Must have strong experience with Docker, as well as any of the following: Kubernetes,Openshift Tanzu, Rancher, etc.
- Should have technical experience in Java, and design and development knowledge of Micro services using any framework like Spring Boot, Nodes, etc.
- Establish client requirements, design a Roadmap for various open source application platforms after thorough assessments on trending technologies and cost effective methodologies
- Build relationships with customers and vendors with strategic partnerships to lead the solutions
- Lead the Container Orchestration implementation as a product and take ownership of the transitions and transformations under this domain
- Liaison with a cross-functional delivery team to develop strategies for influencing adoption of various open source platforms
- Lead migrations and assessment of platforms written in different languages/technologies involving Docker or Kubernetes Frameworks
- Act as a liaison for an open platform team with both infrastructure teams and application teams for defining solutions for Transition and Transformation programs
- Act as a SME primarily for Kubernetes to propose and validate the solutions for customers
- Conduct/drive PoCs/Pilots based on various customer requirements focusing Kubernetes and other Enterprise PaaS platforms
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant streams
- Certifications in Kubernetes or OpenShift
- At least one cloud computing related production deployment
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing positions as a technology Consultant/Architect
- 5+ years’ experience architecting enterprise solutions
- Understands how to scope, size, and architect clusters. master and worker nodes, and how to apply workloads, scaling, and security
- Create modern application platform automation solutions based around containers and container orchestration, using technologies like Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Hands on experience with manual/automated deployment and managing multiple environments
- Knowledge/experience in Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience/Knowledge on micro services deployments and auto Scaling. Excellent knowledge of application development tools and software life cycle processes
- Must Have Hands on experience on OpenShift or Kubernetes set up installation & administration
- Well versed with basic networking fundamentals, Cluster & Resource management and Cloud deployment (AWS/Azure/GCP), including monitoring systems, logging and security implementation
- Good exposure to DevSecOps principles, CI/CD, Continuous Deployment Pipelines using Jenkins
- Familiarity to industry leading orchestration tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraforms, or similar products
- Software development in an agile environment with a focus on Devops with CI/CD
- Quick learner and ability to present solutions and complex technical aspects to different levels of audiences
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate at different management levels