Senior Infrastructure OpenShift Architect
REMOTE | USA
Opticca Consulting is looking for a Senior OpenShift Architect to join our Enterprise consulting team. Coveting candidates with a strong vision for embracing disrupting technologies specifically in the PaaS domains. Candidates should also have the application down approach to come up with strong solutions for customers with different needs.
The Senior Architect is a great fit for an organized, analytical, problem-solver professional who designs, develops, and maintains software and tools to support building, deploying, and monitoring applications.
We are looking for people who are comfortable in front of customers, with experience in PaaS and DevOps. You are responsible for continually advancing the technology in a collaborative and creative agile environment using many of the latest technologies and industry best practices and finding better and more efficient ways of delivering solutions that meet business objectives.
Being a Sr. OpenShift Architect at Opticca, your responsibilities include
- Architect, Design, and implement enterprise container and orchestration solutions based on RedHat OpenShift on a variety of platforms
- Design Highly available, multi-cloud and split cluster-based OpenShift environment
- Establish client requirements, and design a Roadmap for various open-source application platforms after thorough assessments of trending technologies and cost-effective methodologies
- Build relationships with customers and vendors with strategic partnerships to lead the solutions
- Lead the OpenShift PaaS implementation as a product and take ownership of the transitions and transformations under this domain
- Liaison with a cross-functional delivery team to develop strategies for influencing the adoption of various open-source platforms
- Lead migrations and assessment of applications of platforms written in different languages/technologies (Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, etc.)/WAS, WebLogic to Open-source solutions involving Docker or Kubernetes Frameworks
- Act as a liaison for an open platform team with both infrastructure teams and application teams for defining solutions for Transition and Transformation programs
- Act as an SME primarily for OpenShift PaaS to propose and validate the solutions for customers
- Conduct/drive PoCs/Pilots based on various customer requirements focusing OpenShift and other Enterprise PaaS platforms
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant streams
- At least one cloud computing-related production deployment
- Certifications in OpenShift are a huge PLUS
Professional Experience Required
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing positions as a technology Consultant/Architect
- 3+ years of experience architecting enterprise solutions
- Hands-on experience with OpenShift manual/automated deployment and managing multiple environments + OpenShift or Kubernetes set-up installation & administration
- OCP Infra 4x, particularly experience operating OpenShift clusters, not just installing them.
- Gitops expertise preferably with ArgoCD experience
- Understanding of how to scope, size, and architect clusters. master and worker nodes, and how to apply workloads, scaling, and security
- Experience creating modern application platform automation solutions based around containers and container orchestration, using technologies like Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience/Knowledge on microservices deployments and auto Scaling. Excellent knowledge of application development tools and software life cycle processes
- Well-versed in basic networking fundamentals, Cluster & Resource management, and multi-cloud deployment, including monitoring systems, logging, and security implementation
- Good exposure to DevOps principles, CI/CD, Continuous Deployment Pipelines using Jenkins
- Familiarity with industry-leading orchestration tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or similar products
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate at different management levels
Since our inception in 2012, Opticca Consulting has remained committed to three things: mastering the latest developments in cloud technology, leveraging this expertise for the benefit of our clients, and building long-lasting relationships based on trust, transparency, and positive outcomes. It doesn’t matter whether we’re helping with a microservice migration, speeding up cloud-native application development, or supporting an organization’s automation and CI/CD pipeline, we always make sure that everything we do is in full alignment with each client’s budget, goals, and vision.